Projects – Let’s grow together
Things are certainly looking good at Timberline these days! We have completed many significant upgrades to the property, and there are still more in the planning stages.
The past several years or so have been busy with building, and we are now finished Phase I and Phase II. See below for some specifics, and see the site plan of how it will all eventually fit together.
We also want to extend a big Thank You to all of our corporate donors, who have each played an important role in these projects.
Phase I (2008-2011)
- Upgrade road to above flood plain (completed September 2008).
- Install sprinkler system in Lodge (completed).
- Install sewer system and connect to district’s system (completed).
- Upgrade power from road and bury power lines (completed).
- Build new “Powerhouse” to contain tanks, pumps, generator, electrical panels, and so on (completed).
- Build “Western Town” to replace Bunkhouse cabins (completed). See the floor plans. Each of the 6 cabin units contains:
- Two queen beds and four sets of bunk beds, with bedroom divider (to make 12 bedrooms total when needed)
- Bathrooms, sinks, and showers
- Entry areas.
Phase II (2011-2014)
- Celebrate 50th Anniversary! (2011)
- Build bathroom & shower additions to all existing outside cabins (completed 2012).
- Build playground (completed 2013).
- Build Town Hall (completed August, 2014). See the floor plans. This building contains::
- Meeting room (60′ x 40′) with retractable dividing wall (makes two 30′ x 40′ rooms)
- Craft/meeting room
- Tuck shop
- Staff laundry room.
Phase III (est. 2015-2021)
- Raise funds and build three new cabins (first by summer 2017)
- Raise funds and build a Gymnasium
- Add new program options
Future Projects Being Considered (and as donations become available)
- Lodge renovations
- Dining Hall expansion
- Staff housing
- High ropes course
- Swimming pool deep-end addition
- Adventure golf course.
How Can I Help?
The only thing stopping any of these projects are the precious resources of time and money. If you have either available to you, and you would like to help see some of these projects happen, we would be glad to talk to you. We need volunteers to help build (preferably with some trades skill and experience), we need materials to be donated, and we need, well, money! As a non-profit society, we will of course, issue tax receipts where appropriate.
If you can help in any of these ways, please call our Property Manager, Hal Schienke at 604-463-9278, ext. 23 or email him at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact our Executive Director, Craig Douglas at 604-463-9278, ext. 26, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you can now quickly and easily donate online.
Thank you for your interest and support of Timberline Ranch.
Timberline would like to thank the Hamber Foundation (http://www.hamberfoundation.ca/) for funding $1000 toward the outdoor speakers on the Town Hall.
Timberline would also like to thank the businesses and individuals listed below for their support in our previous building projects. These organizations have generously contributed materials and/or labour to the projects listed in Phase I above.
Hank’s Trucking & Bulldozing (Hank Bitter)
Tri-R Systems Inc. (Ross Johnston)
McRobbie Construction (Ian McRobbie)
Haney Builders’ Supplies (1971) Ltd. (Tom Stinson)
Larry Industries Inc. (Larry Dekoff & Russ Hetland)
Pacific West Systems Supply Ltd.
Directional Mining & Drilling Ltd.
Eagle West Cranes
The Langley Concrete Group of Companies (Jason & Mark Omelaniec)
Rempel Bros. Concrete Ltd.
Maple Ridge Truss Ltd.
Yellow Fence Rentals (Kevin Coris)
C & C Trucking Ltd.
Climax Concrete Pumping (Dave Malta)
Tru-Line Technologies Ltd. (Keith Trulson)
Kanaka Creek Pole Co. Ltd.
Vanderwal Equipment (Mark Van Der Wal)
Smith Plywoods Ltd.
Barr Plastics Inc.