Camp fun. Activities for everyone.
The question shouldn’t be what is there to do at our Maple Ridge, B.C., facility. After just one day at camp, you’ll be wondering, “What isn’t there to do at Timberline?”
We have created a place with so many diverse activities, no one should ever walk away without having their kind of fun.
Activities vary, depending on the age group and whether you’re attending one of our camp-sponsored events or renting the facilities as a guest group.
Here’s an example of the variety we have:
- Trailriding – where you can go around the ranch or up in the bush and enjoy the wind in your hair as you trot along.
- Challenge Course – a 16-part low-level ropes course with beginner, intermediate and expert challenges.
- Team-building course – with 8 cooperative elements. It provides a wide range of opportunities for learning together and helping people leave their comfort zones.
- BMX Track – for those who prefer wheels under them instead of hooves. We have two tracks for riders of different abilities.
- Skateboard Park – for the summer, where we bring out the boards, ramps and half-pipe — for those who want to rip it up!
- Horsemanship – where you can learn more about caring for and training horses, and of course riding lessons to learn Western style riding.
- Climbing Wall and Rock Face – for those who want the thrill of the climb. We supply all the safety equipment and instructors – you provide the energy and enthusiasm!
- Archery Range – set up on the corner of the Ranch property, so you can do some serious target practice.
- Game Zone – which includes several fun and relaxing activities.
- Riflery Range – where we set up targets or cans to test your aim and learn new skills. The Ranch has a number of pellet rifles available with proper supervision.
- Swimming Pool – for a refreshing dip on those hot days. The pool is perfect for water volleyball and other games. Guest groups using the pool are required to provide a lifeguard or other adequate supervision, but camp-sponsored events always include trained lifeguard supervision when the pool is open. Open April 15 through October 15.
- Petting Zoo – where we have goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits, Jersey calves, and a variety of other farm animals. The occupants change throughout the year, but April to October there are interesting and fun young animals to get up close and personal with!
- Ping Pong, Air Hockey, and Foosball tables – are also available in the basement of the lodge.
- Hayrides – for some good, old fashioned fun! Guest groups may book hayrides for up to 35 people at a time.