Lost and Found Policy
Please label all your child’s belongings before you arrive. Please do not send valuable items (video cameras, digital cameras, cellphones, iPods, money, etc.) to camp with your child.
At the end of the week (for summer camps), check the lost and found for items that may belong to your child before they leave. This will be located outside of the General Store.
Retrieving lost items
If you discover you are missing an item once you return home, please do not call the office, but rather send us an email. The following items should be included in the message:
- camper name
- camp attended (for example, Junior 4: Aug 9 to 14)
- item description
- size (youth or adult: small medium or large)
- identifying marks
- brand name
- where it was possibly left (barn, cabin, dining hall, etc.)
If your item has been turned in, you will be contacted and given the choice of picking your item up or having it shipped to you. Shipping and handling costs will be charged to your credit card.
We try to reunite reported lost and found items with their owners; however, our priority is children on site. We attend to lost and found items as time allows.
Lost and found schedule
Items will be kept until the dates listed below, after which time they will be given to those in need.
- Summer camps (overnight and day camps): Nov. 1
- Retreat/outdoor education groups (September to October): Nov. 1
- Retreat/outdoor education groups (November to June): July 1