SALT: Summer Advanced Leadership Training
We are very excited to offer a high level of training in the midst of and in coordination with summer camp. The LIT course will normally be a prerequisite for entrance into this program.
We will be accepting only a small group so that we can pour into their lives on an individual basis, set them up in mentoring relationships, and involve them in cabins as junior counselors for a week at a time.
Some of what they will be learning includes:
- Leadership Training – learn to be a leader people will follow and a follower worth leading
- Advanced Counselor Training – learn in a cabin with campers as a Junior Counselor for 1-2 weeks
- Biblical Training – study, understand, and learn to apply one or more book(s) of the Bible
- Theological Training – take an in-depth look at Christian doctrines and how they relate to the world around us
- Specific Skill Training – learn to lead one activity area at camp with confidence and competence
- One-to-One Mentoring – be matched up with a senior staff member for support and encouragement
- Personal Development – discover your gifts, skills, and passions for life and ministry.
Program Dates and Fees
Timberline’s SALT Program is offered in the summer, and the fee is $259 (+ GST). This fee includes everything: meals, materials, events, training, a Staff shirt, and somewhere to sleep. The 2016 program runs from July 10-29, and you will also need to be at Staff Training from June 24-27.
To apply, please complete the online SALT Application Form no later than April 17, 2016. If you have not completed a Staff Application Form, two Reference forms (filled in by an associate), and one Reference form (filled in by a pastor), these will need to be done as well and sent in (fax, mail, scan and email).
If it has been over six months since completing these forms, please include one reference from your pastor (rather than redoing all the forms), plus the SALT Application.
You must be 17+ years of age by December 31, 2016.